Welcome to Periowest
We look forward to meeting you.
While our approach to treatment and clinic management has always involved the highest cleaning and disinfection procedures, many increased tiers of safety have been introduced. We closely monitor and adopt recommendations from our Provincial Health Authorities, the BC Dental Association and the College of Dental Surgeons of BC.
New measures that you can expect from us include:
- Minimized contact steps within our office through online Patient Registration forms including a questionnaire related to your health and COVID-19 exposure risks.(this is ideal, but not mandatory).
- We will ask that you wear a mask when entering the clinic and while in common areas – staff will inform you when it is appropriate to remove your mask.
- Your temperature will be taken on entry to our office and you will be provided with hand sanitizer.
- We will verbally review the questionnaires that you completed electronically.
Additionally, we have implemented the following
- There will be limited numbers of patients in the clinic in order to effect social distancing.
- Higher-level filtration/venting in all treatment areas, separating them from non-clinical regions, with increased and independent HEPA filtration, and air turn-over increased from the typical 7 to 20 times per hour.
- Enhanced disinfection devices and protocols, including chair-side aerosol evacuation which will collect 95% of respiratory aerosols emitted during hygiene and surgical/dental treatment, and enhanced nightly disinfection protocols for all surfaces.
- We have always used higher-level personal protective equipment (PPE) due to the nature of our work, but have taken greater steps to protect you and our staff. You will notice our use of gowns for all treatment/procedures, Level 3 or high masks and visors to ensure absolute respiratory protection and separation for you and the treating clinicians.